BVCG on Strava

Tuesday 14 June 2016

Euro interruptus

This blog posting is made between breakfast and the various footy matches from Euro 2016. First report today comes from Mike, who yet again was out for a cycle with his wife on Monday morning - a mere 48 kms and 608 m - as a warm-up for his afternoon cycle with the Freewheelers:

"9 of us set off and went up Bridge of Feugh to Mill of Cammie, turned left and went over the Garrol. We then cut the corner onto the main Slug Road and had coffee and scones in the Milton - some had a top up and others had 2 top ups!

Our cycling time was 1hour 36mins at 16.5km/h and achieved a distance of 26.5km and 310 m vertical. All in all a very pleasant cycle."

l-r: Dick Taylor at (rear), Jeff Dickens, Jack Simpson, John Perry, Iain Wright, Bob Elder, Mike Reilly, Peter Seago & Rufus de Silva. I did my best to edit out some of the surplus grass that came with the original photo!


The day before, Ian Sharp was the only Freewheeler to go on the UCAN Charity Cycle to Westhill:


Over here in Oregon, I've been out on a couple more cycles - 32 kms on Friday and 26 kms yesterday (Monday), when I discovered a new mountain trail. After a sharpish ascent, I had to ditch the bike for the last 70-80 feet and hike the rest of the way to the top of the hill. Along a narrow, sloping track covered in grit, I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a few of these ramps set up:



Even Danny McAskill would have struggled to survive some of these jumps at the top of the 1,700 feet hill. In fact, it was so steep and slippy that, on the way back down, I couldn't walk down this bit of the trail - I had to sit down and slide. Here's a short video of it - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyKwNq5JdKI.


No comments:

Post a Comment